Friday, March 12, 2010

Bean Salad

I love summer, lots of riding, no jacket, no chaps, no gloves. And then there's FOOD, Picnics, Hotdogs and Hamburgers, Steaks, and chops. Grille food. Then there's macaroni salad and Tater salad. Yes I know it's Potato salad but I like the way Tater rolls off the tongue. Oh yeah, Summer Time Picnic food.

*

Three Bean Salad, 5 bean salad, 15 bean salad (I think its a competition thing).
*
Cool tasty food on a hot humid day.
*
2 cans cut green beans
1 can yellow wax beans
1 can red kidney beans
(I like canned beans over fresh because I'm lazy and its a lot easier to just open and dump)
1 medium red onion sliced real thin
1 green bell pepper sliced real thin
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup vegie oil
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp mustard seed
mix beans with onions and peppers
mix sugar,vinegar,oil,and seeds and bring to boil
boil for 5 minutes
pour boiled mixture to cover bean mix and chill
serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment